Monday, April 16, 2007

House-sitting and Deer









This past week we were house-sitting for some friends while they were out on vacation. So we kept their cat company and in the process met a couple of the neighbors, sort of.

While I was cooking dinner these two deer wondered right up next to the patio. As you can see the one got a bit concerned when it saw me with the camera, but it wasn't concerned enough to stop eating the ground cover.


The cat sat at the patio door looking at the deer and then looking at me as if to say, "Let me out and I'll bring home some dinner". I looked down and said, "Yeah right, whatever Simon". They stayed around until just about dark and then disappeared as quickly and quietly as they arrived.

2 comments:

R.Powers said...

Even mine aren't so bold as to lay around in the yard.

Thunder said...

I know, I couldn't believe they were nonchalant about it either.