Thursday, January 19, 2006

Farewell to Hanau, Deutschland

Well, it's time to leave for Brussels to start another work week.

In a feeble attempt to repay my hosts, I cooked the Sunday meal. It consisted of pork tenderloin (Schweinfleisch Filet), stuffed with spinach, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese, and drizzled with a cherry and red wine sauce. This was served with butter and parsley potatoes, that were prepared by my son and his girl friend.



It was an enjoyable stay while it lasted! As usual it was hard to leave, but life goes on!

To my hosts: Edgar who made sure that I was never thirsty, and provided stories and laughter through out the weekend. Lovely Marena, who also possesses a nice sense of humor, and made sure that I was never hungry. Sabrina, better known by her father as "Translator!" is a wonderful young lady, who tries to keep my son in line. All three provide a nice sense of stability and surrogate family for my son AKA "His Dudeness", "Spc. Dude", "G-nerve". I can't possibly thank you enough and look forward to seeing you again when ever possible.

Ein Prosit der Gemütlichkeit!











This was a photo from July '05 when TJ and I were able to both be there. Pictured from left to Right: Front row - "Spc. Dude", Sebastian, Sabrina; Back Row - "Der Guila" (sp?), myself, TJ, Edgar, and Marena.

No comments: