Monday, March 12, 2012

New Grandaughter, Last Night's Dinner, and Firewood

On Friday morning we were awakened by a phone call from Germany that we had a new Grandaughter! Little Leona Joy Wise was born around 1:25am (EST) and weighed in at 8.25lbs and 21.6 inches long. As soon as I get some photos that I can upload to Blogger, I'll share them!

We decided to try a new recipe for Sheppard's Pie last night and it came out fantastic!

Golden whipped 'tators on top and underneath meat and veggies











Then this morning I helped out a friend, and bartender at the OTT, by cutting and splitting up an oak tree that had fallen in her yard. This thing was huge and it was a good thing that another of the patrons had a hydraulic splitter or we'd be splitting for the rest of the month.

We divided the wood 3 ways and this was still my portion. I think we're set for next winter!











Next week we'll get back to the decorating of the loft so we can get some more photos of the inside of our cabin posted.

4 comments:

Netter said...

CONGRATS on the baby! How exciting ;) I KNOW she is a doll baby & can't wait to see her. I would like to have your receipt on the pie, looks so good.

Thunder said...

I'm not sure I have your email, but I'll have lightnin give you a call and get it, then I can send the recipe to you! It was great!

Netter said...

thanks! LU both & miss ya all much!

Debbie Leis said...

Dave it did my heart good to see you so relaxed and having such a great life. The cabin looks great. Thank you for being the person you are. As said the one of the Raider's of the Lost Ark, you chose wisely.(no pun intended. Congrats on the granddaughter. Debbie Leis