Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Help From a Friend


A couple of weeks ago we received a phone call from one of our soon to be neighbors. She informed us that someone just drove up on our new property with a 4-wheeler and dumped off a bunch of deer carcases!
This was a bit disturbing, as you can imagine, but it was at least comforting to know that a soon to be neighbor took noticed that something wasn't right and took the trouble to contact our realtor to get our number and give us a call. This was after she had already alerted the local law enforcement! The next time I'm down there I'll make sure I stop by and thank her for taking the trouble and formally introduce myself.
Anyhow, the older section of land already had a fence on the road front side and I had strung up a chain and keep out sign, but the new property had an uninterrupted access which is where the perpetrator struck. I say had because a good friend of ours helped us out by placing fence posts with a cable across the entrance to impede this type of activity in the future!

Check out the professional job!












Thanks FC, I'll pay you back this weekend! ;-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thunder-
It really is nice to know that there are still caring people out there! Not to mention good friends like FC and Jr. It really does look good!
Lightnin

R.Powers said...

No problem. It was easy and I finished just before the skeeters came out strong.

Your neighbor guy did come question me at first, ...so I killed him.

Not really.

He was pretty decent and was just asking good neighbor type questions.


Damn... my old cell phone takes a decent picture.

Thunder said...

Lightnin - Yes it is!

FC - As long as you stacked the carcas with the rest of them! Hey don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back, I might need more physical labor out of you!
;-)

Thunder said...

FC - I forgot, where did you get the fancy red streamer thingies, I should proably put some of those on the other entrance too!

Anonymous said...

I say screw the fancy red thingies, if someone drives over the chain and tears up their truck/4 wheeler, they weren't supposed to be there anyway!
Lightnin

Thunder said...

Lightnin - Well I could go the other way and dig out a tank trap, that would really show 'em who not to mess with! ;-)