Saturday, July 25, 2009

Did the Earth Move?

No not this time, just the plants!

I'm down here at the PFHQ for a couple of days while taking care of some of the details to get the Wise Acre homestead moving forward, and yesterday FC and I were able to see a demonstration of a new implement of doom for unwanted jungle thicket.

I'm not sure what it's called, but this thing can rip through the brush faster than I can snap a picture, grind it into mulch, and leave the ground virtually untouched!
Then it mulches what it cuts









They plan to use it on our little piece of heaven because it is so precise that you only take out the jungle life you want to and no trees get damaged in the process. This leave it to the tree plucker to come in and grab the specific trees that have to come out.

Sort of like land clearing surgery instead of mass destruction!

This morning it was an early rise to head back out to the property to go over plans with the tree remover dude and the builder guy. This should get things started and get us closer to being here!

Oh, Check out the rental ride I snagged to get from the airport to here!
The top opens up with a bit of James Bond flare! ;-)

Pretty sweet huh?










Next time it's going to be a truck of some sort so I (with the help of FC) can haul tools reset posts, cables, keep out signs, etc. after the brush clearing.

So now the project starts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thunder-
Hot Damn!!! I can't wait!
Love,
Lightnin

Jacki said...

Okay, I have been busy with preparations for our trip to Germany and am now sitting in Hamburg, so I somehow missed the news that you're moving to Florida - COOL! If you ever make it to the Leesburg area, look us up!