Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yes, a Sunset Post Again!

This one is a bit different though. I posted a week or two ago with sunset and night time photos, but this time I'm talking about the movement of the sun.

Summer is obviously over here because the sun is now rising later and setting earlier. If you notice the position of the sun ion these photos, compared to my last post on the subject, you'll notice that the sun has moved significantly southward (to the left in my photos) because it is no longer setting behind the building just to the right of the sun.

You'll likely see more of these posts as I track the sun this fall and winter to find out where it's southern most point is!





Vivid colors


























Zoomed in














Reflection on one of the surrounding buildings

























Almost gone


At this point you can actually see it move right before your eyes!















Hey this next Monday morning I may be able to capture the sun rise!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thunder-
Yes, after the football game I'm sure you'll be watching it rise! These are really good pics! Maybe we'll watch the sun rise here when you're home?
Lightnin

Anonymous said...

Thunder,

Great Pics! I hear lately you've been staying up till the wee hours effortlessly. I just hope we can all keep up with you when we visit!

Taco :)

Thunder said...

Lightnin - I hope we can and maybe catch a sunset or two also!

Taco - The time difference can have some wierd effects on you!

Anonymous said...

and this whole time we thought old people went to sleep at like 6, oopps sorry i guess thats just mom

love always,
spc dude and RBP

p.s this came from RBP