Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Picking Up The Slack (Again)

It won't be a long post, but just wanted to share a photo or two with you. We were able to attend the 2008 Olympics in Beijing! Watching the opening ceremonies while in Beijing is a once in a lifetime opportunity. When the fireworks were going off we would step out on to the balcony and hear them and see the reflections off of tall building, totally awesome! Thunder, Spc Dude and I went to see sand vollyball the first day. Then they were able to go again on Sunday for a boxing event and again sand volleyball. Thunder still has two venues to take in and I know he is stoked about it! Especially the track and field event having run track in high school and college. So I'll see if I can get a picture posted, enjoy! Hopefully Thunder will post more after Spc Dude leaves and he has some down time!
Lightnin

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like a new moon once every 28 day’s or so. It is great to see a new post. It is very hard to post when you are never home, being a world traveler and all .I am glad to see your other half is picking up your slack, and you thunder are having a great time, or so it sound’s like. S T E B

Anonymous said...

I only saw it on TV and it was amazing....
Great you guys got to see it together!
RBP

Anonymous said...

STEB-Thanks for the comments. At least I know there are two of you who read it! Lightnin

RBP- Thanks to you also. Guess you'll get the Dude back now in few hours. We sure enjoyed our visits with him. Take care of him!
Lightnin

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!!! It's been such a sight on TV, but in person it must be indescribable...(not just talking about the beach volleyball babes,either!) Soak in your family once-in-a-lifetime experience. What memories you'll have together!
Merlyn

Anonymous said...

The picture is great and some of us wish we could of been their with you it's a once in a life time opertunity. smokin

Thunder said...

Lightnin - Thanks for getting a post out there on this!

All - It may be awhile until I can post again due to some issues with my remote access to the LAN, but I thought I would take a brief second to respond while on a break here at work!

Carina said...

It's must be very wonderful to see the Olympic! I only can watch it on TV!!!~.~

Thunder said...

Carina - Is that you? Yes it's been pretty cool to see them live, I never thought I'd get this opportunity!