Monday, June 19, 2006

Road Trip

Well it looks like summer is upon us, with the official 1st day coming up this Wednesday. I'm taking a few days off and heading back west to my home town, good old Kansas City. I'm hoping that the weather will cooperate and that I can take the back roads with the top down. It's about a 10 hour drive on the interstate, 12hr if I tke the back roads. I'm not in a hurry, so the back roads it is!

This time I'll actually be able to make it to my high school reunion. It's the 30th one, and I haven't been able to make it back to any of the prior one's. It should be fun to see everyone again, after so long. Unfortunately my wife doesn't have enough vacation time, so I'll be going alone. The traveling will be nice, I don't mind driving by myself and actually kind of enjoy it, but I sure wish she could join me for the get together with my old friends.

I'm sure that the next three days are going to take longer than normal to pass. I'll load up the car on Wednesday evening and be ready to leave at first light on Thursday. I'll have to go through the old check list: Shorts "check", t-shirts "check", tooth brush "check", pictures of the wife, children, and grandson to show off at the reunion "check, check, and double check!".

It should be a good trip. If anything interesting happens along the way, I'll try to capture it and get it out for you to read!

2 comments:

Lightnin said...

Trust me...your wife wishes she could go too! But I'm sure the peace and quiet I'm afforded while you're away will be welcomed also! I just catach up on my reading...(uninterrupted!) Have a safe trip and send lots of pictures of our little guy!

R.Powers said...

Nah, as much as you love the Lightning, she would be bored out of her mind listening to a million tales that she was not a part of. Mrs. FC only went to the first one of mine and now she says, "You go, once with those stories was enough for me"

I haven't missed one yet.