Tuesday, June 27, 2006

30 Years, Where did the time go?

Well, I headed out on the road Thursday morning. Hoping for good weather, leaving Cincinnati for my KC destination, and I wasn't disappointed! The sun was out for about half of my trip, but I hit a pretty good storm about 1/2 way between St. Louis and KC. The winds rocked my little car pretty good, and the rain was so heavy that I was forced to pull over and wait it out. Once it cleared I was back on the road again.

I rested up on Thursday night at my Mom and Dad's and then headed to the hotel on Friday. I knew that we would be out late for the reunion and I didn't want to wake the folks. Plus the events were happening at Westport on Friday and out near Bonner Springs on Saturday, both are about 30-45 min from my folks. I was forced to pack lite due to the limited trunk space, if you can call it that, that the roadster has. I got to the room and pulled my somewhat wrinkled clothes from the bag, and proceeded to get ready for the first night's event.

We were down at a bar/restaurant called Californo's, in Westport. The weather was perfect, and so was the location. We had a pretty good turn out too. Out of the 563 students (549 actual diploma recipients the day of graduation) about 300 showed up. It was fun to see everyone again. So many of the faces were familiar, but not all of the names rang a bell. It was a great evening, and I was able to drop the top for the ride back to the hotel when the night was over.

Saturday night took us to Dave and Busters. This was a huge complex, sort of an adult arcade. We had a few drinks and told a few stories, shared some good laughs too! We got so carried away that I didn't even use my game card. Oh well, we have one in Cincinnati so I'll just have to go there sometime to use it. I was able to snap a few picture of the old gang. I probably knew about 20 of the 500+ students. I'm not going to post any of the photos here, I'll send them on to the reunion committee so they can post them on the official web site. Besides, this is probably boring enough for the rest of you!

Well, I'm back at my Mom and Dad's now and recovered from the celebrations. I'll have some more memories of my friends, and a few new phone numbers to call next time I'm in town. Who knows, maybe we won't wait 30 years to meet up again!

2 comments:

R.Powers said...

Looking forward to mine in a few months.

Thunder said...

Hope you have fun, I had a blast at mine!