Monday, October 24, 2005

Fall Colors


Lightnin and I took a little trip up to Michigan this past weekend, to visit some good friends of ours. As luck would have it the beautiful fall colors were out and I was able to at least get one keeper out of the several photos that I snapped.

It was a cool, slightly overcast day, but I think the photo above is a good representation of what Lightnin, along with most others, would consider to be fall colors. I have to admit that this is one of the pleasures that we have up here in the north, and it seems that we have been lucky to have a truly beautiful display of nature's colors this particular year.
For most folks it is an enjoyable time of the year, when the nights turn cool, the insects reduce in number, and of course the breathtaking views. For me it is merely a warning of the upcoming winter, my least favorite time of the year. Thank goodness for fireplaces!

As I stated above the upper photo represents what Lightnin considers to be beautiful fall colors, however the phot below depicts fall colors through "Thunder Vision". OK a fire in the fireplace alone doesn't get me through the winter, but when combined with my version of fall coloration I can survive.

(Pictured left to right: Canadian Lager, Pale Ale, Red Ale, and Porter)

The beautiful glasssware used in the display, along with luxury B&B accommodations, were provided by our good friends Scott and Tami. Their sons also provided some nice entertainment in the way of Ice Hockey league games (Ice Hockey, by the way, is one of the other pleasures of living up north).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Thunder Vision" - that's good!

R.Powers said...

Hey those leaves are pretty. Lightning must have taken that picture.

You have arranged those beers in my order of preference from left to right...no burnt wood beer for me!