Thursday, October 20, 2011

Reflections or is it Retrospection?

I took some time to go back through some of my old blogs and really liked what I saw, back then. I used to actually tell stories, give such good details about the events happening that it would draw the reader into the pictures that were provided. Lately it seems that I'm merely sharing photos and putting a few captions with those and have set my story telling aside.

My theory on this is that it is the effect of several causes over the past couple of years(not necessarily in order): 1) Preoccupation of building a new home via long distance, 2) Re-acclimation to American life, 3) Being stuck in Cincinnati with no real prospect of travelling outside the US, and 4) Planning the next chapter in our lives

So here's my rationalisation:
1) The house is completed so I can check that one off! 2) The readjustment period is finally coming to a close, although #3 isn't helping that much after traveling all over the world for the past 15 years it would have been better to ween off a bit rather than going "cold turkey" in the "Natty"! (Too bad, it is what it is, so count your blessings and get over it!) 4) The decision is becoming more apparent and should not be a burden for much longer.

So in other words its time to get back on the horse and start writing again! My travel was always a sort of muse for me so now I will simply need to look for a new muse in what is happening around me in day to day life. So don't be too surprised to see some upcoming blogs about the quirkiness that comes with everyday "normal" life.

IIII'm Baack!

We'll see how this goes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even I miss your stories! Can't wait for the next chapter!
LYM

Pablo said...

I'll keep watching this space!

Thunder said...

TJ - Holy crap! If you even miss them then I need to get back up and going! ;-)

Pablo - Thanks, I hope I can keep you interested!

Anonymous said...

OOhhh, grampi, what nice words you find for these drivers (unfortunately i wasnt born with such a clean mouth, i keep forgetting that i have a 6-year old in the backseat that asks what "d*****bag" means and why "god, didnt mean for some people to express their talent on the roads"?)

Be safe out there

We miss you guys

RBP