Thursday, September 15, 2011

What Happened to Summer?

******Weather Rant Warning!******

So this morning we wake up with 52F temperatures and a slight mistiness in the air, and its said that we'll make it up to a whopping 64F for the high! This wouldn't be too bad except that for the past few months we've had from mid to upper 80's (perfect in my book) to mid to upper 90's (a little warm, but I like it). So to all of a sudden sink to the mid 60's for the high, along with the dampness in the air, is a bit of a shock. For crying out loud it's mid September and I had to grab a jacket on the way out this morning!

If you've followed this blog for any time at all then you'll know that for starters I'm a fan of warm weather, and come pretty close to hating winter, but my biggest pet peeve is the inconsistent weather around here during the spring and fall. I'll spare you the full description of these sometimes violent swings in temps and precipitation conditions because I've detailed those in previous posts, but it's safe to say that this time of the year I am usually not a happy camper!

This state of unhappiness is brought on by several things: The obvious I've mentioned in rantings above and in previous posts, the not so obvious is the fact that this season reminds me that winter is fast approaching. This is also coupled with the usual loss of sunlight and the reduction of vitamin D production which actually does trigger a depression reaction.

This year I'm prepared and a long term solution to this issue is in the works!

More to come.......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Babe!
LYM

Thunder said...

Of course it just means that the leathers come out when we ride the bike!

R.Powers said...

Hot here with a cool breeze and the evening temps were just about amazing.

Thunder said...

FC I figured as much! On a business trip to Iowa and it's upper 70's to low 80's by day, and lower 50's at night.

Anonymous said...

thunder you know how to change that take another trip and check out the new house by the way is very beautiful. smokin

Thunder said...

Smokin - Hopefully that day is coming soon!