Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trip to N.P.R. with Mrs. FC

Having completed my mission of decision making on designs, upgrades, modifications, etc., I had a day off before I hopped on the early morning flight back up to the frozen north. So normally I would have headed directly for Cedar Key, but this time I was able to tag along with Mrs. FC for sort of a family reunion.

(It's important to mention that FC was being a good son and headed over to St. Augustine to help out with his parental units and wasn't able to join us for the trip!)

It was a bit further south so I was happy to find the weather much closer to 70F then the past few days. The get together was held at Hooters, darn the luck, so we feasted on wings and I washed them down with a cool adult beverage from Pennsylvania and the day was looking good! I had the pleasure of sitting with the FC's wonderful daughters for lunch (Jr wasn't able to make it either) and we had a pretty fun time.

After lunch one of Mrs. FC's brothers took us out on a boat ride to see some of the sites around the coast. This was a nice, yet chilly, bonus to the already fun day!

Here's a few pics from the boat ride:

A shrimp boat passing us up to try to make a living


A few of the not so modest dwellings in the area

Some of the local residents

A fish out of water?

Time to head back to shore












I'm looking forward to getting down there sometime when it's a little warmer to enjoy the beautiful clear water up close and personal!

See you next time FC and Mr's FC, thanks again for everything!

4 comments:

R.Powers said...

Hey Dave!
Glad you got to meet the inlaws. They are a pretty good bunch.

See you on the next visit.

Thunder said...

FC - they were a lot of fun, I can't wait until we get a chance to go down there when the weather is warmer.

Netter said...

BFF!
WOW the new place is amazing!!! I love the sunset, I can just smell the salt water now.
Wish I was there :)
love you
Netter
XoX

Thunder said...

Hey Netter - Awesome seeing you on TV the other night! You and Wicky will have to come visit us once we're down there!