Saturday, January 15, 2011

Check This Out!

Well the pictures from over the holidays will have to wait for a few days. I'm a little further south at the moment checking on progress with the house and as you'll see in the next few pictures there's been quite a bit!

Views from the outside:

















And some from the inside:




Lightnin's tree, which is also a main support for the rafters! There'll be 2 more of these for rail supports on the stairs




















And just so you don't think I'm spending most of my time basking in the sun, it was 22F this morning, with frost on the windshield, although it did heat up to 60F in the afternoon. I spent the morning finalizing the design of the kitchen, picking out cabinets, drawers, flooring, sinks, faucets, etc. and the rest of the day looking at wood burning stoves and figuring out where the chimney would exit the roof and the orientation depending upon which stove we go with. It's a tough job, but someones got to do it!

With everything accomplished that was need for this trip, I'll be heading further south for a bit of R&R and hopefully some warmer weather! Then it's an early, early morning wake-up on Sunday to drive to the airport and catch the flight back north.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! Our dream is finally coming true! Thank you so much honey! we've finally done it!!!
Great job! You and Mrs FC have a great day tomorrow and send my best thought to St. Augustine with FC! I cannot wait to see it myself !
All My Love,
Lightnin

Anonymous said...

that was supposed to be 'thoughts'

R.Powers said...

That tree needs a deer stand.

I was there with him and can vouch for the OMG AMAZINGNICITY of your new house!

AWESOME!!

Thunder said...

Lightnin - Stuck in Charlotte for about another hour then I can show you all the pictures and the design of the kitchen, etc. "I'm too excited to sleep!"

FC - It was a blast hanging with you and Mrs. FC, I'm looking forward to taking Lightnin back down to N.P.R. when the weather is warmer!

Linda Bray said...

This looks fabulous. I look forward to seeing the finished product!!!

Thunder said...

Linda - Sorry for the long pause before responding! I haven't been on here for awhile!