Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weekend Update #5

I should say "Weekends" since I've been a bit lacking on getting these out on a regular basis!

So let me go back to last weekend which also happened to be Labor Day weekend:

That Saturday Lightnin and I both woke up early, I state this because Lightnin usually sleeps in on the weekend and doesn't usually get up to greet the day until after breakfast(provided by yours truly) is ready, but on this particular day she arose a mere 30min after I did! That being the case we decided to forgo the usual home cooked meal and get showered and dressed to head out on the bike and grab something to eat on the road. We decided to head to one of our favorite spots, Rabbit Hash, KY, where the Old Timer's festival was taking place. The air was crisp and we dressed appropriately with the required leather riding apparel.

Here you see Lightnin with a couple of new friends


Not sure why the grumpy expression here, maybe because after eating lunch I knew I'd look like the stuffed sausage that I felt like

It was a fun ride that was followed up with a bonfire at our friend's Rick and Julie's house
Yes it included smores!

The next morning Rick and I took of on a ride in the morning and I snapped this picture of the 2 bikes with a nice Kentucky backdrop









This past weekend we were invited to ride a long distance run, out to Portsmouth, OH. We met up with some friends, and met some new friends, and put in a little over 300 miles on Sunday. The weather was great, and the ride was too!

Here's a few random shots from that:



















Oh the other news is that we received a call from our builder on Thursday evening to let us know that he'll be starting the actual "Building of The House" this week. Awesome!

I guess that about wraps things up for this segment. Another busy work week ahead so I'll post when I can.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAWW... great pics. Love the goat! Looks like you had great weather (im so jealous). Whats in between those crackers?


RBP

Anonymous said...

RBP-C'mon, surely you've had smores before? If not then Dude has been holding out! A roasted marshmello between two pieces of chocolate in between two graham crackers! But then he may be like his mom and not really care for them.
Lightnin

Thunder said...

RBP - They also go good with beer!

Anonymous said...

EVERYTHING goes good with beer!!

Sounds like a calorie-bomb...thanks for leading me into temptation!lol

RBP

P.S. Cant wait for pics of the house

R.Powers said...

Smores and beer are just wrong.


I was just saying to Liz last night that I am riding up the jobsite this weekend for some photos.
JEEP was at the doctor this week, but I get her back today.
I asked Jim K. to take some photos at the mill so hopefully he had a chance to do that.

Thunder said...

RBP - I concur!

FC - Hope the Jeep recovers nicely! Thanks for doing that! They should have started on the subfloor and the deck this week, so you should see a huge change. I'll e-mail you our plans for teh next trip down, coming up very soon!