Thursday, September 30, 2010

If this is Wednesday, it must Be Morocco!

I give you French Moroccan tuna with cream sauce, roasted garlic couscous, and peas in less than 30mins.
(Take that Rachael Ray!)





Some of you may get the old movie reference, but I'm guessing most of you won't! ;-)

This wonderful (if I say so myself) meal came about last night in what has become common practice here at the T&L household. It went something like this:

T - "What do you want for dinner?"
L - "I set out some tuna steaks, and I want to fix that Moroccan couscous."
T - "OK let's see what I can do!"

Foraging through the cabinets and the fridge I was able to locate a blend of spices that I have used on salmon before (cumin, coriander, garlic powder, Cayenne, and brown sugar) "This should go well with the couscous!" (I thought, out loud). In the fridge I located a part bottle of Ice Wine, and some sour cream and thought (again out loud) "This will make a good sauce".

So you rinse the tuna, coat it with the dry spice mix, heat a small skillet with a couple of table spoons of olive oil, drop the tuna in to sear it on both sides, then remove and set aside.

At this time open the package of roasted garlic couscous and follow the instructions, same with the Green Giant peas! ;-)

Deglaze the pan that was used to sear the tuna with about 1/2 cup of the Ice wine and reduce for about 5 minutes. Whisk in 2 table spoons of butter (real butter) 1/2 Tbsp at a time, then whisk in 2 Tbsp sour cream and remove from heat.

To serve: Place the tuna on the plate and drizzle a little of the sauce on the tuna in a fancy zigzag pattern, and be sure to have a small dipping bowl of the sauce on the side, add the peas and couscous to the plate.

It went really well with a glass of Syrah too!

Try it and you won't be disappointed, and it will surely impress anyone you serve it to!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...I'm still thinking about it! That was some of your better work (in the kitchen)! It's so nice to have a chef-on-hand!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I can't wait to try it when I am at YOUR house :) It just don't matter how MUCH ya follow directions it NEVER taste the same UNLESS bff(best boyfriend forever) makes it! I KNOW my bgff totally agrees XoX love ya both your one & only Netter!

Thunder said...

Lightnin - Don't forget personal driver too! ;-)

Netter - I bet I can do it with crappie too! ;-)

Anonymous said...

That looks so good. You need to have your own show....Linda Lou