Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Turkey, DUCK!

For 3 days now I have been trying to publish the following post, but Blogger has decided that my Christmas gift from them is not allowing me to upload pictures!
After much effort and frustration I was finally able to upload 2 of the pictures that I wanted and I'll update with the rest when I can get them uploaded!

On Christmas Eve Lightnin headed out to get the mail and spotted this field full of turkey.
Lightnin said there were more than 20 of them















Lucky for them our Christmas Eve menu was already set: shrimp and Lobster bisque, prime rib, potato balls, apple spice muffins, and red wine

The chowder and place settings

Prime rib and potato balls















On Christmas morning our breakfast was that of bacon, Cinnamon rolls and mimosa's. I then spent the better part of the day fighting the rain and blowing wind to smoke the duck that would be dinner, along with cranberry cornbread stuffing and date pudding for desert.

Donald D prepped and going into the smoke
Smokin' goodness!














Today is starting out cold and we're expecting snow later in the afternoon.

We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: