Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Taking Up Where I Left Off

I was having trouble getting pictures to upload the other day so I'll give this another try!

So here I am in Brussels once again, which happens to be my second favorite city now and I think you can guess which is my first. ;-) After touching down I hopped in the rent-a-car and headed off to the hotel as part of my now ritual of checking in, dropping my bags, showering and changing, then heading down to Leroy's on the Grand Platz for a Kriek. When I first arrived at the hotel it was starting to sprinkle and I feard for the worst, but by the time I was ready to leave the room the sun was out once again and off I went.

Mission completed, with the help of my good friend Joia, so off we went on a foot tour of the entire city. We managed to make it to one of the higest points in the city where I snapped this shot where you can see both the tower of records (the spire to the right), and the Atomium (the hugh "jack" looking sculpture to the left). The Atomium has always been a bit special to me because it was erected for the 1958 worlds fair (I'm going to let you do the math and figure out why that might be important to me)!

This shot is of one of the famous Basilique's in the distance

This just simply caught my eye, I'll call him Mr. Fritte











Well, it's getting late so I think that's about it for tonight, I'll try to share some more of my journey when I can!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you heading your way!

Thunder said...

Yep and I hope you have a better flight than I did! It could pretty much rain or be sunny the whole time you're here, the report is changing on about an hourly basis! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy...and drink one for me!
Merlyn

Thunder said...

Merlyn - Thanks, I did! I'm in Newcastle this week, so I'll have one for you here too!