Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summertime!

This year was a bit unusual here in the northeastern US river region of Cincinnati because we actually had a springtime! I've written before about the typical weekend going from winter to summer in one or two days, but this year we have actually had nearly 2 months of spring like weather. That's over now though and the temperatures are on the steady climb into the 90's F (that's 30's C for all my expat/non-American friends!).
So what do you do to stay cool in the summer heat?
Well the advice I call on comes from one of the fathers of the home brewing craze Charlie Papazian who said, and I quote: "Relax and have a home brew!"

So that's what I recommend!

This was a red ale that I brewed with friends and then shared with friends. I can't think of a much better way to spend a hot summer day!

Here's a couple of beers to come! I'm teaching my friends how to brew and these are a couple of theirs that we are planning to rack over this weekend!

They should be ready to serve in a couple of weeks, but of course we have to taste them when we rack 'em just to check their progress! ;-)

No comments: