Thursday, March 12, 2009

Zaijian Beijing!

It was a good night having dinner with friends, but saying goodbye is always bitter sweet!


I am here in my empty apartment as my bags are packed and I'm ready to leave. Well, OK my bags are packed and I'm leaving. ;-)
I look back on this year and I cannot believe that it has ended so soon. It has been the experience of a lifetime! The weird thing is that as I shed tears for Beijing the city seems to be shedding tears for me too, because as I take the picture (below) I feel droplets of rain hitting me slowly and in no particular rhythm as if they were tears falling from the sky!

They say that you can never go home again and now I know what they mean, but I'm going to give it a try anyway! ;-) I think that it's really that you will never look at the world the same way again, and that's definitely true! This past year has stood my normal views of the world on it's side. Wo bu zhi dao (I don't know)what is to come, but I think I'll be up to the challenge

Zaijian Beijing, for I will not say good-bye because I know I will be back some day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As sad as you may be I am glad you are coming home!
Lightnin

Anonymous said...

Hey there big man,its sad that you have to leave - its been an amzing year with you in BJ. Hope youve had a nice flight BJ wont be the same without you!
Arif

Anonymous said...

ahhh just one more exit off of lifes highway too yet another adventure you are truley a well travled man S T E B