Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Spectacular Sunsets!

Yea I hear ya what's up with all these sunsets, but take a look and hopefully you'll understand some of my fascination. Since I've been here for a year now I have tracked the sun from it's furthest position to the north during summer and it's furthest position south in the winter and now it has returned to the spot it was when I first arrived. The "clouds", oh wait a minute these really were clouds, can help give a very colorful display.

Just see for yourself:

In this shot I utilized my polarized sun glasses as a filter (a trick I learned from a certain Florida friend), and it worked!

In the few minutes following this shot we actually watched the sun moving from window to window until it dropped out of view! The light was a bit too low for me to get the additional shots, at least for my talent with the camera anyway! ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.Hey i got good news my new neighbor is Dan Listermann yeaaa .Had a big bottle of his home brew last night .Its allready hard to remember much about this summer lol

Unknown said...

That looks hazy. But it's a city after all, and which one isn't. Must have been fun to watch it spread light across the city scape.

Thunder said...

Rat man - That's awesome! Only 5 days and a wake up left now!

RVS - The sunsets here are really something to see, and I take time to check them out whenever I have a chance to. As usual though the pictures don't do it justice!

Anonymous said...

As always pic are awesome. I love looking at the sunsets as you know we don't get alot of nice ones here. Hope everything is going good and will see you soon have a safe trip home. Smokin

Thunder said...

Smokin - Thanks, I'm down to just over 2 days now!