Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Playing a Little Catch-up

We had an Ice Storm here last night and early this morning so I chose to work from home today. That really wasn't too much of a problem because I had plenty of work that I could catch up on. It also helped me to not have to spend the hour to hour and a half that it would have taken to get home with the roads the way they are, which allowed time for me to get on-line to blog a bit this evening. So I thought I'd take the opportunity to catch up on a few things.





SPC Dude came home to visit in the middle of
January and we took that opportunity to have a small feast. We decided to go with Ribs, Steak, and Italian sausage all cooked to perfection ont he grill. We served this with two types of asparagus (green and white). The green we wrapped in a slice of Prosciuto (Italian ham) and roasted, and the white we served steamed with Hollandaise sauce. It all turned out good.

Like Father like Son



We also took the opportunity to go to lunch with a bunch of the folks that Lightnin works with so they could say hi to SPC Dude and Bon Voyage to your's truly. We had a good time and it was good to see SPC Dude again.


This past week we had to go back to Missouri for Lightnin's Grandmother's funeral, and the auction of her Father's estate. While there we were stayed with our Son, Daughter-in-law, and Grandson. It was good to be able to spend the time with them because when we go back to KC we're usually running from here to there to see everyone and we never get the chance to actually relax and visit with them. This time we were able to get cuaght up with each other. It was really enjoyable!

I was also able to stop by to visit with my folks and my older brother, sorry no photos this time!

I'm glad I was there for Lightnin at the funeral and the auction, and to be able to see everyone one last time before I leave the country. I guess that the delay in my departure was good for a few reasons afterall!

Only 15 days to go! I guess I'd better start making a list of everything I need to pack!

5 comments:

R.Powers said...

Is that the chicken pub?
Dude looks healthy. You look cold.
Glad you got to see your relatives even if the occasion was sad.

Anonymous said...

FC-
Of course it isn't the chicken pub.....much too clean and you don't see any dead flies anywhere do you?
Lightnin

Anonymous said...

well thanks dad for the shout out again and i guess we really do look a lot alike lol. i am doing good trey and tanja both miss me very much, if you want please try to call me friday night i would love to try and talk to you guys again. please try the work phone first not the german one. that is the 9839455 number. i love you guys.

Thunder said...

FC - Like they say "God works in Mysterious Ways"!

TJ - You forgot the grease fumes spewing from the Kitchen too! ;-)

SPC Dude - We'll give that a try!

Anonymous said...

Look's ;ike a nice place Dave. Did yjry know you were coming and saved this place for you. Looks pretty high up. Hope your trip was OK. We are having a blizzaed right now and have to drive to Clev. in it in the morning.
Scott& Tami