Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Budding Young Chef!

While we were visiting our Grandson, oh our Son and Daughter-in-law too, "G-Ma" Lightnin and "Little Monkey Butt" decided to back a cake. Santa had given him a cookbook for Christmas and he was dying to try it out! So while we were out shopping we found the little chef outfit that our new chef just "had to have"!

He really did get right in there and helped to make the cake, and decorate it too!



Pouring the cake mix






















Oops! Got a little on the face there buddy!






















Adding the water
























Adding the eggs

















Mixing the batter



Cleaning the beaters


Hey not too bad for a first time!
Afterward he informed his Grandma Lightnin that he doesn't like chocolate cake, or M-n-M's! What a little stinker. I thought it tasted pretty good!

7 comments:

Jacki said...

Awwww, what a little cutie!! I think the fact that he didn't like the end result says a lot for cooking with kids - it's not even about the food, it's about spending time with your loved ones!

Thunder said...

Jacki - That's it exactly! I wish I could put him in one of my bags and take him to China with me. ;-)

Oh, I almost forgot. I finally put one of those counter thingies on my blog and you're the lucky #1 to get get counted! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

thunder dave you need to send this blog to betty crocker it's priceless s t e b

Thunder said...

STEB - Not a bad idea!

R.Powers said...

Great outfit!
You need one too.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to make a RedVelvet cake for Valentine's day jaf

Thunder said...

FC - I'll see if I can't pick one up cheap in China! ;-)

JaF - That's one of Lightnin's favorites!