Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Shrimp n Grits

Well I think I did pretty good with my rendition of Shrimp Stew and Grits. I promised some photos when we fixed the grits. (by the way, the grits are hidden underneath the shrimp stew and the flavor combination is great!).






Here's a photo of the Depot's serving
(yes this was for breakfast, and that's a bloody mary and a beer chaser, hey I was on vacation!)






Here's my version (sans bloody mary and beer, hey I'm back to work now!)














Lightnin tried it last night when she got back home from Missouri and thought it was awesome. Now you need to understand that she HATES grits so for her to even eat a bowl of anything that has grits in it is something, but to actually say that she likes it is unbelievable!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cheated and used a recipe from the web, Mine was good too. jaf

Thunder said...

JaF - Ha, I did mine from scratch!

We'll have to talk this weekend so I can see how close I came to the one you used.

R.Powers said...

I'm a grits traditionalist, butter, salt, pepper.
Yours does look like the restaurants tho.
I'm chuckling over the choice of breakfast beverages.

Thunder said...

FC - I thought you'd get a kick out of that, but then who normally eats shrimp stew for breakfast anyway?

Anonymous said...

I want the recipe! Please publish it

Jacki said...

My mom would be all over that recipe. Guess I'm a bad southerner...I never learned to like grits!

But hey, I made some whoopie pies today, so that should be pretty good pennance for my un-Southern ways. Look for them on my food blog soon!

Thunder said...

Jerseygirl - Sorry for the delayed response! I'll try to post that recipe, and possibly some other food stuff later today.

Jacki - Don't feel bad grits seem to be an acquired taste, but even Lightnin liked them with the shrimp stew on top!