Wednesday, March 22, 2006

FC and Me


Like I said in an earlier post, I get to travel a few times a year as part of my livelyhood. Well Lightnin is in a similar field, and luck was finally with us when both of us were able to attend the same conference in Orlando. We took some time off before and after the conference to visit some dear old friends in the northern part of the state, you guessed it, Florida Cracker and his lovely wife Patience!

For me it was a chance to reunite with my old college buddies, for Lightnin it was a chance to catch up with some relatively new friends. If it's true what they say, that laughter is the best medicine, then we're some of the healthiest people on earth at this moment! I can't remember a time where I laughed as often or as long for days at a time. It was simply too much fun!

One thing I have noticed through my travels and meeting folks from different cultures is that we all still have a similar tradition that brings us together, the feast! Whenever people gather together, friends, relatives, what have you, there is usually a feast. in our case there was no difference. We all pitched in and created a Cuban food feast that consisted of a shrimp curry, pineapple saffron rice, black beans, MoJo pork, and corn cakes (we couldn't remember the Cuban name for these, but they still tasted great!), and of course a cold one to wash it down!

There'll be some more posts from our trip coming soon, so stay tooned!

2 comments:

R.Powers said...

Hey, those black beans are even better now, a week later. Thanks for sharing your Florida trip with us.
It was fun!

Thunder said...

We were gald to! You'll probably be seeing more of us in the near future!