Friday, March 24, 2006

Cedar Key on St. Patrick's Day

I wanted to continue with some more tales of our trip to Florida. Timing is everything and Lightnin and I were able to spend our 23rd anniversary at Cedar Key, along with FC and Patience. It must be pure coincidence that it lands on St. Patrick's Day!

This was the 23rd anniversary of our first date, not our wedding. We always celebrate this date because for some reason my company always seems to find a reason to send me out of town on the date of our wedding anniversary. I think I have been home for that only 5 times in the past 15 years, not a great percentage. Besides, more people are usually out and about to celebrate with us on March 17th anyway!

We traveled to Cedar Key in the early evening so that we could kick around a little bit before going dinner. This also allowed for a few shots of the surrounding area. If Blogger permits, I'll share some of them with you here:

This is a "Bird Dog" boat (knowledge courtesy of FC). They're typically used for net fishing, where the net is let out from the stern as the boat travels in a cirlce and then is reeled back in with the winch (visible at top of photo). You may have seen this boat in the photo of FC and me from my post the other day.





To the right is a pretty good shot of the Cedar Key shops and restaurants. Below is a view of some Cabbage Palms from the front of the restaurant where we ate.

















This was the view from the back of the restaurant.











Well, it looks like Blogger seems to be telling me that enough is enough for today, so I'll try again later when I can upload some more images. I hope you're enjoying the trip so far.

This area of Florida is so beautiful, and still relatively untamed. To quote the infamous Jimmy Buffet: "I treat her like a lady, and miss her when I'm gone!"

2 comments:

R.Powers said...

Great shots...it's almost like I was there.

Thunder said...

Yeah man, I'll try to get some more photos posted this week, as long as Blogger cooperates on the uploads!

We sent the CD of photos to you on Friday, so you should be getting it soon!