Friday, June 25, 2010

Oil and Nails

Well it looks like the oil has struck one of the most beautiful coasts on earth, Pensacola Beach, Florida. They now estimate the flow at 100,000 barrels (4 million gallons) a day, and since we're now at day 67 that means that 268,000,000 gallons of crude oil has spewed into the Gulf! Even if they get the flow of oil to stop the devastation is going to be irreparable. My heroic wife has volunteered for deployment to the area to try to help and I may just check with my company to see if I can work from long distance and join her in the effort.

In other wonderful news: I went to ride my bike into work this morning and lost the rear tire due to a nail! The good news is that it was just the tire; I wasn't to the interstate yet and very close to home, so now I'm waiting for the truck to come and take the bike in. It was due for the 10,000 mile check-up anyway and I was planning to get it into the shop next week, I just wasn't planning to have to pay for a new tire too! Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: