Thursday, April 08, 2010

2010 Hops Report #1


















Yes folks the hops report is back by popular demand!
Well OK that populous included myself and Lightnin, but at any rate it's back!

We had what has been reported as one of the worst winters in the past 60 years here in our part of the world, but you wouldn't know that by looking at these beauties. They sprouted out of the ground a couple of weeks ago and are now just over 2ft tall. That's a growth rate of about 2" per day! Believe it or not they aren't at their peak yet and will soon be speeding up to about 3-4" per day growth rate!





















I haven't harvested them for the past 2 years(one I was in China 2 yrs ago and 2nd I was becoming reacquainted with America last year) but I'm thinking I might try to pay more attention to them this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Alice to see them the next time she's out! Maybe she'll want to drive the little car this weekend while we're on the bike?
Love ya,
Lightnin

R.Powers said...

Hey your hops look great! When is this log house going up?

Thunder said...

FC - Thanks, but let's just talk about the hops or now! (happy thoughts, happy thoughts,....)