Thursday, February 25, 2010

Welcome Back, from your friend Winter!

Have I ever mentioned that I really don't like winter?



Here's what we returned home from our trip to find!












The worst part is that it had melted and re-froze a few times before we returned home to shovel it so it was a mixture of snow and ice. It took me several hours the first day back to clear off the drive!




It was a great trip and with the help of our friends Tracy and Chris we were able to find a couple of replacement SiChuan restaurants. One of our favorites had been torn down along with Tim's Texas Roadhouse, but that's a whole 'nother story that I'll get to later!

Anyway, here's a few pictures of some of the cuisine we sampled at a place called "Spice Spirit":

Spicy Chicken - This was crispy, tender, spicy hot, and delicious!

Numb Mouth Beef - Those little peppercorn things floating around are the infamous Hua Jiao that is the secret to authentic SiChuan cooking! This dish lived up to it's name too!

Lettuce Root - Awesome presentation, and a nice cool soothing side dish to go with the two above

Kung Pao Shrimp - A wonderful sweet, tart, and spicy dish











Stay tuned because there's more photos and stories from the trip to come!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can taste it now! I really was good even if it was HOT!
Lightnin

Anonymous said...

Great pics!
Dink

Thunder said...

Lightnin - Lucky you, I can recreate them in our kitchen!

Dink - Welcome to the blog!

Anonymous said...

Looks like good German food.
Thanks for accepting some of our snow. Uncle E

Thunder said...

Uncle E - Now that's funny! I know what pictures I'm going to post next now. ;-)

Anonymous said...

uughhh, im trying to diet here!!!!Screw it: I take the menue!!


RBP

Thunder said...

RBP - Give in to the dark side!