Friday, November 13, 2009

Thank Goodness for Leather and Neoprene!

It was a rather chilly ride into work this morning! The air temperature gauge on the bike registered a balmy 35F (1.7C). ti will be worth it this afternoon on the way home though, it should be sunny and in the 60'sF!

I was properly suited up in the leather jacket, gloves, and chaps; and had a chance to use the new neoprene mask to keep the skin from peeling off my face! It works, but I still need to do a bit of adjustment on it because my breath still comes up, instead of out, which then fogs up my eye protection. Not exactly the sort of thing you want when your up on two wheels!

I'll have to have Lightnin take a picture of me all suited up so you can see the other reason I like to wear the mask! it definitely grabds the attention of the other drive3rs on the rode! ;-)

Later today we'll hit the road heading west and grab some of the best fried chicken on earth! For those of you that know what I'm talking about I'm sure your mouths are watering; and for the rest of you, you have no idea what you're missing! ;-)

Tomorrow should be a good day for a ride, so we'll be out and about and will hopefully catch some photos from the road!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mouth is watering!

R.Powers said...

Oh good. It's just cold. I thought you laid it down.

Thunder said...

Lightnin(?) - It was good wasn't it!

FC - Sorry about that, in my mind it was clear what I was referring to, but I can see where the title was missing something! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well Lightin thanks for getting me back up to speed on your blog. I'v really missed seeing your guys adventures but now I'm good. Went back through the ones I missed and they were great. thanks again Smokin

Thunder said...

Hey Smokin - Good to see you back again! I guess you'll expect us to get more interesting stuff on here more often again now! ;-)